As an engineer at Matoha, you will help us with and lead developing and manufacturing our disruptive products - low-cost near-infrared material identification machines to help the world sort out the huge amount of plastic and fabric waste provided. Each tonne of fabric or plastic waste recycled (for which using identification machines such as ours is essential) helps conserve natural resources and prevents pollution from being released - helping save the planet, one machine at a time.
As we are a small company, your work will have a real positive impact - on the planet and on our company. You will collaborate with our young and dynamic team - we expect you to be proactive, able to work independently and have a "get it done" spirit.
The 4 engineering areas in our company are electronics, mechanical, software and app development. These are currently handled by Martin and Hans and based on your areas of expertise, you will take over the development on one or more fronts in this area.
At the moment, this is a part-time job with prospect into developing into a full-time job. The start / finish time is flexible and the work is partially remote (for tasks which can be done remotely) and partially in person in our office in London SE15.
- Lead an area of technical development
- Develop and organise our instrument manufacture
- University degree in an engineering field
- Experience in a relevant technical area
- Professional working English proficiency
- Highly creative and autonomous
- Right to work in the UK
Must have (at least one of)
- Electronics engineering skills (device and PCB design, we use Autodesk Eagle)
- Mechanical engineering skills (we use Fusion360) incl. design for manufacture
- Software engineering skills (C++ firmware development, Python data analysis)
- App development skills (React Native)
What's great in the job?
- Fast moving, dynamic and young company & team
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- Flexible working (where possible)
- Real positive impact on the planet
- Expand your skills and knowledge in a green-tech startup
What We Offer
The salary is competitive, based on your experience and relevant skills and performance. Stock options (equity) will also form a part of your renumeration to make our success your success.