Safety and regulatory information
To avoid equipment malfunction, damage and/or safety hazards arising please follow the instructions below.
1. Supervise the instrument at all times while powered and do not leave the instrument running unattended.
2. Do not expose the instrument to humidity, moisture, or liquids (water). The instrument and the associated power adapter are NOT waterproof.
3. Do not expose the instrument to any heat sources – it is designed to be operated at room temperature (10-40 °C, 50-104 °F) and altitude up to 2000 m.
4. Avoid mechanical shock or damage. Do not operate the instrument and/or the power adaptor if any mechanical damage is visible.
5. The surface temperature of the measuring lamps can reach up to 80°C (150 °F). Do not touch their surfaces.
6. If the instrument appears to be overheating or any other fault occurs, please turn the instrument off immediately and notify the manufacturer.
7. Do not operate the instrument within 20 cm of any other intentional radiators (e.g., Wi-Fi-enabled devices) or within 20 cm of any persons (this is not a wearable device).
8. Do not disassemble, modify, upgrade or remove any parts of the instrument. Doing so might result in a safety hazard, equipment malfunction and your warranty will be void.
9. Use only the power adaptor approved by the manufacturer (supplied with your instrument).
CE and UKCA Compliance - Declaration of Conformity
We, Matoha Instrumentation Ltd. of 94 Chandler Way, London SE15 6GU, United Kingdom, declare under our sole responsibility that the products, Matoha NIR v9 PlasTell and FabriTell to which this documentation relates is in conformity with the essential requirements and other relevant requirements of the Radio Equipment Directive (2014/53/EU), Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (2011/65/EU) and the Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (2014/30/EU). We also declare that these products are in conformity with UK Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016, the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2012 and Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016. The product is in conformity with the following standards and/or other normative documents: EN 55011:2016+A1:2017 (Electromagnetic Emissions), EN 61326-1:2013 (Electromagnetic Immunity / Compatibility), EN 300 328 V2.1.1 (WLAN Spectrum usage), EN 50581:2012 (Restriction of Hazardous Substances), EN 301 489-1 V2.2.0 and EN 301 489-17 V3.2.0 (RF), EN 62311: 2008 (SAR / Health). This device operates in compliance with standard EN 300 328 v. 2.1.1 and transcieves within the frequency band 2,400 MHz and 2,483.5 MHz and, as per Clause 18.104.22.168 for wideband modulation type equipment, operates at a maximum e.i.r.p. of 20 dBm.
WEEE Directive Statement
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed of with other household waste throughout the EU. To prevent possible environmental damage, please recycle this product responsibly. You can do so by returning the instrument to your distributor.
Regulatory technical file held by: Matoha Instrumentation Ltd.
FCC compliance statement
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This instrument contains FCC ID 2AC7Z-ESP32WROVERIE.
Power supply adapter
The instrument is supplied with an external power supply adapter, the identification and manufacturer of which can be found on the adapter label. This adaptor has been declared by the manufacturer to conform to the CE, UKCA and FCC rules regarding safety and EMC. Acceptable operating conditions: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz. Using any other power source than the supplied adaptor or explicitly approved by Matoha will void your warranty. Power in: 5V DC 2.0A max.
Use only the supplied adapter.